What Is microblading?
Microblading is a simple, semi permanent procedure for eyebrows that’s similar to the tattooing process, but without going as deep into your skin.
How exactly does it work?
As a specially trained semi permanent makeup artist, I use a handheld tool with a row of fine pins to implant a pigment into your skin. I’ll choose the pins and blade type based on the best technique for the results you’re after and your skin type. I’ll implant the pigment just below the epidermis (the very outer layer of your skin) and the shallowest part of the dermis (your thick layer of tissue), making extremely fine natural-looking hair strokes. I’ll then ‘blade’ the hairs into the skin following the direction of your natural hair growth to leave you with beautifully symmetrical, realistic-looking brows.
Not all skin is suitable for microblading. I'm a permanent makeup specialist and and can use a machine to create incredible looking brows also. So you are not limited to one style or technique but have access to a wide range of skills to get your brows looking perfect.
How long does it last?
You’ll be given a touch up 4-6 weeks after your initial treatment (included in the price) and after that, results can vary, depending on things like your skin type, sun exposure and lifestyle, but it usually lasts up to 18 months.
Does it hurt?
Not really – not as much as you’d think.
It’s been compared to threading or waxing, so think along those lines. And at least with this, you get given a numbing cream! Plus of course, you’ll be so delighted with your foxy new brows, you’ll forget all about a bit of discomfort…
how much does it cost?
Permanent eyebrows ( all styles and techniques) costs just £345. This is for the full consultation, including your initial procedure, my thorough aftercare advice and a touch up if you need it. The touch up is included in your service if scheduled and carried out within 6 weeks.
before your appointment
Is there anything I should or shouldn’t do before I come?
Just a few things!
• Don’t drink any coffee, alcohol or energising drinks on the day of your treatment
• Don’t take any Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen for 24 hours beforehand
• Don’t take any omega3 (fish oil) for 1 week before your treatment
• Don’t tan or have intense sun exposure for 3 days before your treatment
• Don’t have any waxing within 3 days of your treatment
• Don’t have any chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments for 2 weeks before your treatment
And lastly, I always like to recommend this one to my clients:
• It’s worth showering and doing your hair before you come, as you’ll need to be careful not to get your brows wet for several days!
What Can you expect?
Here's a quick rundown of how it works with RedFox:
Before your appointment, you’ll have a full consultation with ,me to talk through what you’re after, how it works and what results you can expect.
On the day of your appointment your I'll draw on the eyebrow shape you’ve agreed on to complement your face shape and size.
Next, I’ll select (and agree with you) the best colour for your brows and, after applying some numbing cream, will place their initial strokes. I’ll work pigment into each stroke to define your brow and once that’s finished, I’ll leave a pigment mask to absorb into your skin.
Once that final stage is complete, I'll clean the area thoroughly and then apply a nutritional balm to help protect and repair the area worked on. The whole treatment usually takes around two hours.
Is there any after-procedure care I need to know about?
Yes! I’ll of course run through all of this with you, but to make sure your brows looks their absolute best, please steer clear of:
• Increased sweating, practicing sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning
• Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck
• Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented area – this can lead to the pigment coming off or even scarring
• Doing any kind of heavy duty cleaning etc or being in areas where there might be flying debris
• Drinking a lot of alcohol as this can slow down the healing
• Driving in open air vehicles like convertibles, boats, bikes or motorbikes
• Touching the eyebrow area except when you’re rinsing and applying the post-care cream
I’d also recommend:
• Applying a layer of post-care cream before showering to protect your eyebrows from moisture, and keeping your face away from the shower head when showering
• Once your eyebrows are completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on them when exposed to the sun, as sun can cause the colour pigment to fade more quickly.
What happens during the touch up?
I recommend that you have your touch up 4-6 weeks after your initial treatment. During the touch up, I'll fill in any missing hairs, add or make hairs longer, or achieve a darker colour if needed.
How long will it take to heal?
Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle, so you won’t see a true reflection of the colour until 3-4 weeks after your treatment – that’s why I recommend waiting until 4-6 weeks after your first treatment before any touch ups. Your colour will go from too dark, to too light, to just right!
Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because it’s still sitting on top of your skin and hasn’t completely settled in yet. The colour of the pigment will soften gradually (so don’t worry if you see some pigment on the cotton swab when you’re cleaning the area – it’s just the excess naturally coming away).
Once your skin starts to heal, it’ll look a bit like dandruff flakes or dry skin. Again, don’t worry about the colour at this stage – it might seem like it’s fading too quickly, but it’s just the superficial colour and dry skin naturally coming away from your eyebrows. Your skin might feel a bit itchy at this point too, but that’ll fade as you carry on with your after-care routine.
Your eyebrows will be their lightest tone around 5-12 days after your treatment, as the colour is absorbed in the deeper layers of your skin. But then your skin cells will push it back to the upper layers of your skin and it’ll darken again. Once your eyebrows are completely healed, I’ll take a look at the final colour and shape, and book you back in for your touch up if needed.
Cancellations & deposits
WHAT HAPPENS IF I'M LATE?
Please get to me in plenty of time for your appointment, as if you’re late it might mean I'll need to reschedule - and although I’ll obviously try to avoid that, if I can’t, it’ll unfortunately mean you’ll lose your deposit.
DO I NEED TO PAY A DEPOSIT?
I do ask for a non-refundable deposit to secure your appointment, which is 50% of the full price for Foxy Brows microblading. As this is a very popular treatment, I unfortunately will need to cancel your booking if I haven’t had your deposit a week before your appointment.